We are hiring Systems Administrators in our Dallas, Fort Worth and San Antonio offices. Since our start in 2008, Consuro has grown at an exponential rate. We need additional high-level systems support on the team to lead current and upcoming major initiatives. If any of the below scenarios sound like you, you could be the perfect person for the job.
- You have no room for growth at your current position, unless you count busy work as growth.
- You aren’t being challenged. You count down the hours until your shift is over, although you’ve mastered Solitaire and World of Warcraft.
- You are unsure about the stability of your company. Are they getting new contracts? Are they growing? Will they be in business tomorrow?
- You work with one company’s infrastructure. Great that you know it inside and out, but what happens when you are faced with something new? Oops.
- You are surrounded by stereotypical IT guys, creating an office culture void of any excitement and personal connection with your colleagues.
This is your chance to work for one of the region’s premier and fastest growing MSPs and ensure that you never experience any of the above scenarios. Interested in joining the team? Here’s a little about the position and what we are looking for.
At Consuro, we don’t just hire any IT guy or girl who thinks they “know” technology just because they built a computer once. We are little more exclusive than that, but we have to be if we want to continue on the same growth path. We hire smart people to work with smart clients. Not sure if you are the right fit? Look over these qualities and see if they apply to you before hitting the send button.
- customer-service oriented
- ready to advance in your career
- ready to be a part of a true team
Sound like you? Good.
You will be a key technical resource within the Consuro organization. You will be expected to balance technical project assignments and specialization development through certifications. You will be expected to work with a highly-skilled team of professionals under unparalleled leadership. You will be respectful, engaging, motivated and smart. Oh, and you are expected to have a little fun.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Major/concentration in Computer Science or IT preferred but not required.
- Prior military experience to be considered in lieu of a Bachelor’s Degree.
- MCSA/MCITP/MCSE/VCP certification preferred
- 5+ years working in a technical support/help desk environment
- 5+ years working with Windows Server 2003/2008
- The Administrator should have experience in building, tuning and maintaining servers in an enterprise environment.
- Thorough knowledge of Active Directory from start to finish, DNS and Group Policies
- SAN technologies
- SCCM and SCOM
- Strong knowledge virtualization platforms (such as VMware, Microsoft Hyper-V)
- Exchange Server 2003/2007/2010
- Ability to identify and troubleshoot server performance issues using native Windows Server tools and utilities
- Thorough understanding of server hardware components to include RAID configurations and externally attached storage devices
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to research issues and find solutions on your own.
- Flexibility in work schedule.
- Assist with customer issues via telephone and ticketing system
- Taking ownership of customer issues to include; routing, prioritizing, troubleshooting to resolution
- Manage and support servers in a Microsoft Windows environment to ensure backup, performance and uptime are optimal.
- Install and configure servers in a Microsoft Windows environment.
- Issues at this level will include but not limited to: Server Hardware, Networking, Web Services, Database, Active Directory, DNS, Cluster configuration, and E-Mail.
- Validate monitoring alerts, create support tickets as required and execute predefined troubleshooting procedures
- Create AD groups, users, and understand user permissions
- Perform routine maintenance (windows updates, server reboots, backups)
- Configuration, setup and management of IIS 6.0 and IIS 7.0 based web servers, working with a variety of .Net Frameworks (1.1, 2.0, 3.0, 3.5, and 4.0) and related development tools.
To apply, send us an email to email@example.com. Please put the job title in the subject line of your email and attach your resume.