We are hiring Windows Help Desk Technicians for our Fort Worth, Dallas and San Antonio offices. Since our start in 2008, Consuro has grown at an exponential rate. We need additional technical support on the team to manage current and upcoming major initiatives. This is your chance to work for one of the region’s premier and fastest growing MSPs.
At Consuro, we don’t just hire any IT guy or girl who thinks they “know” technology just because they built a computer once. We are little more exclusive than that, but we have to be if we want to continue on the same growth path. We hire smart people to work with smart clients. Not sure if you are the right fit? Look over these qualities and see if they apply to you before hitting the send button.
– customer-service oriented
– ready to advance in your career
Sound like you? Good.
You will be a key technical resource within the Consuro organization. You will be expected to balance technical project assignments and specialization development through certifications. You will be expected to work with a highly-skilled team of professionals under unparalleled leadership. You will be respectful, engaging, motivated and smart. Oh, and you are expected to have a little fun.
– Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Major/concentration in Computer Science or IT preferred but not required.
– Prior military experience to be considered in lieu of a Bachelor’s Degree.
– MCSA/MCITP certification preferred
– 3+ years working in a technical support/help desk environment
– 3+ years working with Windows Desktop Operating Systems
– 3-5 years customer service related experience
– 2-3 years experience working on an outsourced helpdesk team preferable
– 2+ years experience working with advanced backend IT infrastructure such as Exchange, Active Directory, Backups, etc.
– Ability to identify and troubleshoot server performance issues using native Windows Server tools and utilities
– Strong background in Windows client operating systems, standard desktop applications (i.e. Office, Internet Explorer, anti-virus tools), Windows Server Operating Systems, Active Directory
– Thorough understanding of server hardware components to include RAID configurations and externally attached storage devices
– General issues resolution for Exchange, Firewalls, VPNs and other more advanced pieces of infrastructure
– Excellent written and verbal communications skills
– Excellent customer service skills
– Ability to research issues and find solutions on your own
– Flexibility in work schedule
– Assist with customer issues via telephone and ticketing system
– Thoroughly and accurately understand issues and analyze the problem in a systemic fashion.
– Taking ownership of customer issues to include; routing, prioritizing, troubleshooting to resolution
– Manage and support servers in a Microsoft Windows environment to ensure backup, performance and uptime are optimal.
– Install and configure servers in a Microsoft Windows environment. Issues at this level will include but not limited to: Server Hardware, Networking, Web Services, Database, Active Directory, DNS, Cluster configuration, and E-Mail.
– Validate monitoring alerts, create support tickets as required and execute predefined troubleshooting procedures Create AD groups, users, and understand user permissions
– Perform routine maintenance (windows updates, server reboots, backups)
– Configuration, setup and management of IIS 6.0 and IIS 7.0 based web servers, working with a variety of .Net Frameworks (1.1, 2.0, 3.0, 3.5, and 4.0) and related development tools.
– Assist in the development of system solutions, architecture modifications and capacity planning for supported environments.
– Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
– Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
– Work on-call rotation
To apply, send us an email to email@example.com. Please put the job title in the subject line of your email and attach your resume.